My name is Nathan and I’ve created this space to document my journey towards financial independence, my experience with challenging myself (30-day challenges), and my progress towards my yearly goals.
I’ve always been interested in self-experimentation and personal development. Over the years I’ve challenged myself in various ways and I thought I’d document that experience more closely. It not only makes life more exciting but it helps me to keep disciplined, focused, and consistent.
In 2020, I started this website and brand to document my journey.
- 27 years old
- Live in Canberra, Australia
- I work full time and run a small side business (Nathan’s Mobile PT)
At roughly 15/16 years old (2011ish), I became more and more interested in the idea of financial freedom and started reading personal development books.
Financial Indepdence Retire Early (FIRE) by age 40 is my number one goal in life.
I wanted to document my experience and journey towards FIRE to show people that it is possible, with full transparency.
For this journey, I’m posting regular updates of my progress here for people to see. You can see my latest posts here on my website at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/fire/
I’ve always self-experimented on myself. I’m particularly a fan of 30-day challenges as they provide me with the most optimal level of experience for really trying out something new (as opposed to 24 hours or weekly challenges).
I’ve completed a number of interesting challenges, from not complaining, to juggling, and everything in between. Some of them are easy (learning to juggle 5 balls), some are insightful (No Social Media), and some are just plain difficult (No Complaining).
In 2020, I decided to document my challenges in more detail, so I created this website, but I also took a big step and started a YouTube channel, Nathan Challenges Life. This channel’s focus is primarily my experience through these challenges.
You can see my latest challenges at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/challenges/
I can’t remember when I started writing yearly goals for myself. It was probably around 14 years old (as I have a document showing my goals for 2015) and I started to get interested in following Tony Robbins and all things personal development.
Every year I write goals for myself, and each time trying to challenge myself to achieve more. To me, having goals is one of the most important things on the journey to self improvement.
I post monthly updates of my progress towards my goals at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/goals/
To accompany this website (and to prevent flooding of my personal accounts), I’ve created social media pages for me to document my experiences more closely. You can find me everywhere at https://www.linktr.ee/nathanchallengeslife
I hope that by reading about my challenges and my journey through the various aspects of my life, it will inspire you to try something new and push you outside of your comfort zone.
Feel free to contact me via this website or directly through email at email@example.com. I would love to get some ideas for new challenges!
Please note, these blog posts contain my own personal situation, experiences, opinions, and circumstance. Therefore, please be mindful of the disclaimer below:
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended as legal, financial or investment advice and should not be construed or relied on as such. Before making any commitment of a legal or financial nature you should seek advice from a qualified and registered legal practitioner or financial or investment adviser. No material contained within this website should be construed or relied upon as providing recommendations in relation to any legal or financial product.
Sign up below to be notified of when I post!
Check out my latest posts:
- 2021 Goal Progress – OctoberSeptember was a pretty slow month in terms of progress towards my goals. Not much to really report on here – slight increases to most of the goals which I’m happy about. A lot of work is needed to ensure I reach them by the end of 2021 though! If you want to see my …
- 2021 Goal Progress – SeptemberAugust was a pretty decent month in terms of goals. Increases across the board with finances, health/fitness has been pretty stable, and my other YouTube and personal development goals have all made progress. If you want to see my goals for 2021 and original starting points, with more explanation and background, check out my Goals …
- Struggling to Save Money? Try RaizMicro-investing apps can definitely help you save — don’t be scared of the monthly fee. I’ve been using Raiz/Acorns for years. Other people use Spaceship and many other types of micro-investing apps. These apps round up your spending to the nearest dollar and then invest that money in your account for you (usually when you …
- 2021 Goal Progress – AugustIt was really valuable to complete my six month review of 2021 to evaluate where I am with all of my goals, the progress I’ve made, and most importantly to review where I need to direct more focus. I know what I need to do for the rest of 2021 and especially the key areas …
- 2021 Goal Progress – July and 6 Month ReviewCan’t believe we are already half-way through 2021. It’s gone so quickly! I’ve managed to achieve a lot in the first 6 months of 2021 and I’ve got a long way to go for a number of my goals for them to be achieved by the end of 2021. If you’re a fan of numbers, …
- 2021 Goal Progress – JuneJust one month away from the half-way point for 2021! A lot has been happening this year, and creating these monthly goal reviews has really kept me on track and focused. May was interesting – quite a few changes with my finances, but I’ve been making really good progress with my PT business and a …
- 2021 Goal Progress – MayIt felt like April went very quickly. The biggest change during April was launching my mobile personal training business, Nathan’s Mobile PT, and it somewhat surprisingly kicking off VERY quickly, now taking up all of my spare time in the mornings – time I wasn’t doing anything anyway! Apart from that, some really good progress …
- FIRE Progress – April 2021First FIRE progress update of 2021! Given my monthly updates towards my goals, which includes net worth, investing, and finances, I didn’t think it was necessary to update my progress towards FIRE every month. Instead, I’m going to update my progress every 3-4 months and when I pass a large milestone. The first few months …
- 2021 Goal Progress – AprilThis post was a little later than usual due to being on holiday and taking some time off from everything. Need to slowly return to my usual habits and keep focused on my goals. There weren’t any major changes in March, but I made some really good progress on a number of goals! Especially financial! …
- Why Increasing Your Income Is Better Than Increasing Your Savings RateFor those in the financial independence retire early mindset, we all know that your savings rate is extremely important in growing long-term wealth. But, there is a better, faster way to reach early retirement. Your savings rate and how much you can save is one of the most important things to do on your journey …