My name is Nathan and I’ve created this space to document my journey towards financial independence, my experience with challenging myself (30-day challenges), and my progress towards my yearly goals.
I’ve always been interested in self-experimentation and personal development. Over the years I’ve challenged myself in various ways and I thought I’d document that experience more closely. It not only makes life more exciting but it helps me to keep disciplined, focused, and consistent.
In 2020, I started this website and brand to document my journey.
- 28 years old
- Live in Canberra, Australia
- I work part time and run a small side business (Nathan’s Mobile PT)
At roughly 15/16 years old (2011ish), I became more and more interested in the idea of financial freedom and started reading personal development books.
Financial Indepdence Retire Early (FIRE) by age 40 is my number one goal in life.
I wanted to document my experience and journey towards FIRE to show people that it is possible, with full transparency.
For this journey, I’m posting regular updates of my progress here for people to see. You can see my latest posts here on my website at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/fire/
I’ve always self-experimented on myself. I’m particularly a fan of 30-day challenges as they provide me with the most optimal level of experience for really trying out something new (as opposed to 24 hours or weekly challenges).
I’ve completed a number of interesting challenges, from not complaining, to juggling, and everything in between. Some of them are easy (learning to juggle 5 balls), some are insightful (No Social Media), and some are just plain difficult (No Complaining).
In 2020, I decided to document my challenges in more detail, so I created this website, but I also took a big step and started a YouTube channel, Nathan Challenges Life. This channel’s focus is primarily my experience through these challenges.
You can see my latest challenges at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/challenges/
I can’t remember when I started writing yearly goals for myself. It was probably around 14 years old (as I have a document showing my goals for 2015) and I started to get interested in following Tony Robbins and all things personal development.
Every year I write goals for myself, and each time trying to challenge myself to achieve more. To me, having goals is one of the most important things on the journey to self improvement.
I post monthly updates of my progress towards my goals at https://nathanchallengeslife.com/goals/
To accompany this website (and to prevent flooding of my personal accounts), I’ve created social media pages for me to document my experiences more closely. You can find me everywhere at https://www.linktr.ee/nathanchallengeslife
I hope that by reading about my challenges and my journey through the various aspects of my life, it will inspire you to try something new and push you outside of your comfort zone.
Feel free to contact me via this website or directly through email at email@example.com. I would love to get some ideas for new challenges!
Please note, these blog posts contain my own personal situation, experiences, opinions, and circumstance. Therefore, please be mindful of the disclaimer below:
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended as legal, financial or investment advice and should not be construed or relied on as such. Before making any commitment of a legal or financial nature you should seek advice from a qualified and registered legal practitioner or financial or investment adviser. No material contained within this website should be construed or relied upon as providing recommendations in relation to any legal or financial product.
Sign up below to be notified of when I post!
Check out my latest posts:
- I Trained with Kettlebells for 30 DaysAs gyms have been closed and I’m sort of hesitant to go to the gym, I wanted to do some sort of exercise-related 30-day challenge. I just so happen to have won a kettlebell training book a few months ago, going over the benefits, uses, versatility, and all the different exercises you can do with …
- I Did Planks Every Day for 30 Days – INSANE ResultsSomething I’ve always been amazed about is how someone can hold a plank position over 8 hours.. It’s insane considering I can only manage about 1 to 1.5 MINUTES max. For the next 30 days, I’m going to be doing planks every day to see what happens. I’m hoping that a daily practice will improve …
- 2022 Goal Progress – SeptemberAugust has been pretty slow regarding finances. My initial goals/targets for wealth are slipping away quickly due to pretty high volatility throughout the year. My personal training business, Nathan’s Mobile PT, is growing at a steady pace and I’m seeing more consistent monthly revenue. I’m currently working on some 30-day challenges and wanting to get …
- 2022 Mid-Year Spending and Savings UpdateI haven’t been posting my spending each month as I have done previously. Primarily because I didn’t have a savings rate goal in mind. However, I have still been tracking expenses every month so I thought it would be a good idea to really assess where my money is going and perhaps make a few …
- 2022 Goal Progress – AugustI didn’t think much changed in July, but looking at my finances in early August it’s great to see increases across the board! Most of my other goals are tracking along smoothly – and I now realise that some will be very difficult to achieve. It’s great that I’ve achieved a number of goals I …
- FIRE Progress – July 2022It’s been a while since I’ve made a specific FIRE progress update. I have been tracking my net worth and investment portfolio monthly through my Monthly Goal Progress posts. But I thought it would be good to have some progress update specific to FIRE. In an overall sense, my main vehicle of reaching FIRE (my …
- 2022 Goal Progress – JulyProgress was a little slower in June. But now that it’s the end of the financial year, it’s great to see that I achieved my PT business goals and my target revenue! It’s been really fun to work on this and watch it grow, and super excited to keep growing it and see where I …
- 2022 Goal Progress – JuneWe bought a property in May! In the house I’ve been renting for 3 years in Canberra, everything aligned and while we were looking for somewhere to buy, the owners of our rental wanted to sell. Can’t believe it. Other than that, I’ve achieved some of my major goals with my personal training business! May …
- 2022 Goal Progress – MayApril was pretty average regarding progress to goals. There weren’t many changes compared to last month (there is a new goal though!). I’m very close to achieving my mid-year revenue goal for my personal training business, and I achieved my goal for disc golf ratings haha. The others didn’t really move – but still confident …
- 2022 Goal Progress – AprilMarch was a huge month for Nathan’s Mobile PT and a few other goals! I’m very close to reaching a few goals already and it’s only April. There are a few areas that I haven’t actively worked on, but there is so much time to get started. I’m expecting some pretty big changes coming up …