It’s insane that it’s already November (mid-November as I write this). I realise now that with only 1.5 months left of the year, some of my goals are very unlikely to be achieved (never say never though). Mostly my financial/wealth goals haven’t progressed as I’d hoped or planned for, but some things are outside of our control and also just require a bit more discipline. A few other areas I’ve made awesome progress against and there are a few things I could do over the coming months to ensure I achieve some smaller goals. There’s still a bit of time for some extra work to progress my goals as far as possible before 2023!
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- In November, my net worth was $132,623. A slight increase from last month.
- Not much to report on for November. Things are pretty stable at the moment, so just working on saving and investing the spare money I have.
- I can say with an extremely high certainty that my goal of reaching 250k is probably not attainable. Given a very slow year, it’s something I can probably aim for next year, but I’ll have to do some analysis and goal setting later to determine a good target.
- You can see a breakdown of my net worth below:
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000
- In November 2022, my investment portfolio was $23,942.
- I haven’t been investing as much as I would like as I am saving up for a new (used) car as the current car is on its last legs/wheels.
- I’m hoping that after a few more pay days and months of saving I’ll be able to focus more on investing my money rather than saving, as now appears to be a great time to put money towards the future.
- As with my net worth, I won’t reach this by the end of this year, and while I technically did achieve this early in the year due to my house deposit, my goal was to have 100k by the end of the year going into 2023.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – ACHIEVED
- Completed in March 2022 (as shown in above net worth table).
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- Currently I’ve got 8 PTs employed (4 in Canberra and 3 in NSW).
- I increased this goal from 5 Personal Trainers to 10. Depending on how this goes I might be able to reach 10 if I put out more ads on Seek, etc.
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- 2021-22 financial year revenue was $26,576.
- Super happy with how this progressed just over the past 6 months. Bringing on more trainers has really made a difference, and coming with it more capacity for clients.
New Goal: Reach $80,000 in Revenue by 31 December 2022
- 2022 calendar year revenue is now sitting at $42,136.
- Revenue per month is becoming quite stable and consistent. Now that we are closer to 2023, something very drastic would have to happen for me to reach this goal (and technically I did have an original goal of 40,000, but I realised that it would be hit anyway.
- In early October I started to meet with a business consulting company to help me out on all things business. It’s been really good so far and I’m learning a lot of things, and also just analysing my current data better which has been very interesting.
- Below is my current revenue and expenses for this current financial year:
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- Finished my Fundamentals of Kettlebells course
- Finished my Pelvic Floor program.
- Still unsure what to do for the third course – at the moment I’ve been more focused on the business side of training, rather than my own personal training experience. I feel like I have the knowledge and ability to train any client at the moment, and I haven’t been feeling like I actually need to do another course (they also cost money and time). I’ll have to see how it goes.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients – ACHIEVED
- Still sitting around 10 testimonials. I’ve increased this goal to 20 and I’m planning on creating a testimonial promo for existing clients, and hopefully I can get another 10 testimonials in before 2023.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE – essentially no change over October.
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- So far I’ve only completed 1 30-day challenge (Kettlebell workouts).
- Given my focus on the business and other life stuff, I haven’t been motivated to do 30 day challenges or to keep them going after a few days of starting them. I feel pressed for time, and outside of work and everthing else I just feel like having a break and relaxing.
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- I published my 30 day kettlebell challenge and planking challenges on my website
- I’ve still got a few outstanding challenges that need to be written up, but I’ll need to assess if these are worth writing up now that I won’t remember all the details or key events.
- As for the YouTube videos, I’m not sure I’ll get around to doing the older challenges.
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA – ACHIEVED
- Completed in May 2022!
- Disc Golf Metrix rating is now 872
- PDGA rating is 884. I’ve been playing recent tournaments really well and my rating has been going up each month which is awesome.
- Tournaments have almost finished this year so there’s only a few more chances to lift my rating. Might actually be able to get to 900.
- See below for a graph of my rating over time.
Run a Sub 1:45 Half-Marathon – WON’T ACHIEVE
- I’ve recovered from my injury in July, but definitely not aiming to run any races for 2022.
- Slowly starting running again and will have to think about upcoming races in 2023.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet) – perhaps possible in 2022 – unfortunately leave it a bit awkward with work, but perhaps a long weekend sometime in December could work.
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet) – similar to the above. It’s possible to get something sorted in 2022.
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – COMPLETE! In April, my partner and I completed the Spartan NSW Trifecta event – we did a 5km, 20 obstacle course and it was really good!
- Attend a CrossFit class – COMPLETE! I’ve been doing CrossFit consistently now since I started in March. It’s awesome!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID). I probably won’t end up doing this. Honestly I feel as though I’m doing enough hobbies and different fitness activities that I don’t feel like I need to or can add anything additional. I would still like to try it, but I might push it back to 2023.
Focus Areas for November:
- Spending less money – still focusing on this. It’s been quite good over October, but still need to work on it more probably for the next few months as I’m trying to save up for a car.
- Work on Nathan’s Mobile PT – focus on any activities that come out of discussions with the business coaching and work towards making sure admin and all other tasks are completed on time as scheduled.
How are you feeling this time of year? Have you been working towards your goals or new years resolutions? There’s still enough time to work on a few things to hit those goals. Let me know in the comments!