September was a pretty slow month. Not much is happening at the moment. The share market is still on a slow downward trend and my focus is just on saving money (to invest and save up for a new (used) car). Nathan’s Mobile PT is going along smoothly but I’ll need to review and assess the current business model and what we currently offer so it is a bit more self-sustaining. A few things to work on over October and can’t believe how close it is to the end of 2022 already…
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- In October, my net worth is $127,092.
- Another decrease from the previous month.
- This year has been pretty average with the share market, on a downwards trend. I haven’t been investing as much as I would have liked to due to saving for a new (used) car.
- I was previously stating my crypto portfolio based on a certain value and wanted to just leave it as that, but I decided to use what the actual worth is, and after selling some off that has brought my portfolio down. I’m also completely out of crypto and it will be for good. Too volatile and random.
- You can see a breakdown of my net worth below:
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000
- In October 2022, my investment portfolio was $24,451.
- Slight decrease from last month.
- I’ve been consolidating my portfolio into a few key holdings that I’m happy with.
- Unfortunately, one of my individual company shares that was well over 100% returns about a year ago is now -70% return and is really causing a drag on my total value as it’s really the only thing that is negative. Will just hold this for a while and see how it goes.
- I haven’t been investing as much as I would like as I am saving up for a new (used) car as the current car is on its last legs/wheels.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – ACHIEVED
- Completed in March 2022 (as shown in above net worth table).
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- Currently I’ve got 8 PTs employed (4 in Canberra and 3 in NSW).
- I increased this goal from 5 Personal Trainers to 10.
- I will no longer be looking for personal trainers unless I’m sought out. At the moment I’ve got enough trainers on board and my aim now is to increase the client numbers fo each of them.
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- 2021-22 financial year revenue was $26,576.
- Super happy with how this progressed just over the past 6 months. Bringing on more trainers has really made a difference, and coming with it more capacity for clients.
New Goal: Reach $80,000 in Revenue by 31 December 2022
- 2022 calendar year revenue is now sitting at $36,206.
- Revenue per month is becoming quite stable and consistent. In September it was $4,850. To reach this goal the revenue would need to be around $8500 – which I think is reachable with an increase of more clients.
- I’ve been discussing my business model with a few people in similar businesses and coaches. I may need to rethink a few things about how it all works if I want to increase my profit margin.
- I’ve been working on a few things to improve profit margins and value of clients.
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- Finished my Fundamentals of Kettlebells course
- Finished my Pelvic Floor program.
- Still unsure what to do for the third course.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients – ACHIEVED
- At the start of September, my total testimonials is now 10! I’ve reached my initial goal of 10, but really want to push to get 20 by the end of the year.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- So far I’ve only completed 1 30-day challenge (Kettlebell workouts).
- Given my focus on the business and other life stuff, I haven’t been motivated to do 30 day challenges or to keep them going after a few days of starting them. I feel pressed for time, and outside of work and everthing else I just feel like having a break and relaxing.
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- I published my 30 day kettlebell challenge and planking challenges on my website
- I’ve still got a few outstanding challenges that need to be written up, but I’ll need to assess if these are worth writing up now that I won’t remember all the details or key events.
- As for the YouTube videos, I’m not sure I’ll get around to doing the older challenges.
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA – ACHIEVED
- Completed in May 2022!
- Disc Golf Metrix rating is now 867.
- PDGA rating is 866.
- See below for a graph of my rating over time.
Run a Sub 1:45 Half-Marathon – WON’T ACHIEVE
- After a hard run in July, and now seeing a physio recently, I’ve been diagnosed with medial tibial stress syndrome. I am unable to run because of this so I won’t be able to complete this goal as planned.
- I’ll focus on recovery and I’m keen to get back into running.
- Given my focus on building muscle overall, my next goals with running will be more distance related rather than achieving a good time.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet)
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet)
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – COMPLETE! In April, my partner and I completed the Spartan NSW Trifecta event – we did a 5km, 20 obstacle course and it was really good!
- Attend a CrossFit class – COMPLETE! I’ve been doing CrossFit for a number of weeks now and I love it!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID).
Focus Areas for October:
- Spending less money – still a focus area.
- Work on Nathan’s Mobile PT – business model review, more clients, program development, advertising, posts, and everything else.