Writing this almost in mid-December which means there is just over 2 until 2022 is over! Looking over my goals now, some of them definitely won’t be achieved, but I can put in some work now to put me on a better start in 2023. Speaking of 2023, I’m starting to think about what I want to achieve and what goals I’ll be working towards. I’m going to have a much larger focus on Nathan’s Mobile PT, so I’m going to spend a bit of time thinking about what targets I want to hit. Now is a great time to start thinking about 2023 and what you can aim to achieve 🙂
Rather than a New Year’s resolution, check out this video for a new way to think about your year – a Year of X. It could be a Year of Creativity for example, where you just aim to be more creative with no specific targets, ust working towards a yearly theme.
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- In December, my net worth was $138,762, which is another increase from the past month (4.6%).
- I’m hoping there is a small amount of growth over December so I can finish off the year with a net worth of $140,000+.
- You can see a breakdown of my net worth below:
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000
- In December 2022, my investment portfolio was $25,121.
- Nothing to really report here. I haven’t been investing as much as I’d like, so that has me thinking of a few things for next year which will help with that.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – ACHIEVED
- Completed in March 2022 (as shown in above net worth table).
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- Currently I’ve got 9 PTs employed (5 in Canberra, 3 in NSW and 1 in Tas).
- I’ve had an advertisement up on Seek for a month and that has really helped to find some trainers in Canberra.
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- 2021-22 financial year revenue was $26,576.
- Super happy with how this progressed just over the past 6 months. Bringing on more trainers has really made a difference, and coming with it more capacity for clients.
New Goal: Reach $80,000 in Revenue by 31 December 2022
- 2022 calendar year revenue is now sitting at $47,751.
- As mtnioned last time, revenue per month has been quite stable at around $5,000 – $6,000.
- I’ve got some big plans for 2023. While I won’t reach my goal this year for the additionial erevenue I was aiming for, it will set me up for a good position to start 2023.
- Below is my current revenue and expenses for this current financial year:
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- Finished my Fundamentals of Kettlebells course
- Finished my Pelvic Floor program.
- Given the time of the year, and my efforts being put elsewhere, I won’t complete another training course in 2022.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients – ACHIEVED
- My new goal is 20.
- I’ve sent out a competition for poeple to win 2 free sessions – and hopefully this will draw in a few more testimonials for 2022.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE – essentially no change over November.
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- So far I’ve only completed 1 30-day challenge (Kettlebell workouts).
- As discussed last month, I’ve really taken a step back from Nathan Challenges Life due to the time I’m putting towards the business instead.
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- I published my 30 day kettlebell challenge and planking challenges on my website
- I’ve still got a few outstanding challenges that need to be written up, but I’ll need to assess if these are worth writing up now that I won’t remember all the details or key events.
- As for the YouTube videos, I’m not sure I’ll get around to doing the older challenges.
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA – ACHIEVED
- Completed in May 2022!
- This came a lot faster than expected, and if I can keep up the slow progress, I will hopefully reach and pass 900 early next year.
- See below for a graph of my rating over time.
Run a Sub 1:45 Half-Marathon – WON’T ACHIEVE
- I’ve recovered from my injury in July, but definitely not aiming to run any races for 2022.
- Slowly starting running again and will have to think about upcoming races in 2023.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet) – Due to timing now, I won’t get around tho this.
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet) – Similar to the above, this one was a little harder to achieve as my current bike can’t have any brackets or paneers attached.
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – COMPLETE! In April, my partner and I completed the Spartan NSW Trifecta event – we did a 5km, 20 obstacle course and it was really good!
- Attend a CrossFit class – COMPLETE! I’ve been doing CrossFit consistently now since I started in March. It’s awesome!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID). I probably won’t end up doing this. Honestly I feel as though I’m doing enough hobbies and different fitness activities that I don’t feel like I need to or can add anything additional. I would still like to try it, but I might push it back to 2023.
Focus Areas for December:
- Writing this mid-December doesn’t give me a lot of time to change things, but I can work towards a few things to set me up better for next year, mostly with the financial goals, but also working on Nathan’s Mobile PT and back admin tasks.
Half a month left of 2022! It’s crazy how time can fly – but no time to dwell on the past, it’s time to look forward to the future and think about what we want t o achieve in 2023!