August has been pretty slow regarding finances. My initial goals/targets for wealth are slipping away quickly due to pretty high volatility throughout the year. My personal training business, Nathan’s Mobile PT, is growing at a steady pace and I’m seeing more consistent monthly revenue. I’m currently working on some 30-day challenges and wanting to get into writing up some older challenges to post on this website and to finish them off. Due to a running injury, unfortunately I’ve had to cancel my running goal (sub 1:45 half-marathon), but keen on working on recovery to get back into it.
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- In September, my net worth was $134,999.26. Unfortunatley this was a slight decrease (1.8%) from last month.
- The market is very volatile at the moment, so not much is happening in terms of overall growth. Accounts are pretty much the same with a few slight changes explained below.
- Given my initial calculation of a goal target was based on the average growth through 2021, given the 2022 year has been a bit slow, unless there is insane growth in the next coming months I’ll probably be well off this target.
- You can see a breakdown of my net worth below:
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000
- In September 2022, my investment portfolio was $24,749.
- During August I had some money left over after buying our apartment, so I’ve put that back into my portfolio to recover some of the selling.
- My goal of $100,000 by the end of this year is probably unattainable – it took a huge hit after taking out the house deposit, which will probably take a few years to build back up.
- One thing that influences my availability to grow my investment portfolio is my savings rate. In August I posted my 6-month spending update here. After doing this I’ve realised that I’m spending way too much money per month, which decreases my ability to invest.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – ACHIEVED
- Completed in March 2022 (as shown in above net worth table).
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- Currently I’ve got 10 PTs employed (4 in Canberra, 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Tasmamia, 1 in Queensland and 3 in NSW).
- I increased this goal from 5 Personal Trainers to 10.
- I will no longer be looking for personal trainers unless I’m sought out. At the moment I’ve got enough trainers on board and my aim now is to increase the client numbers fo each of them.
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- 2021-22 financial year revenue was $26,576.
- Super happy with how this progressed just over the past 6 months. Bringing on more trainers has really made a difference, and coming with it more capacity for clients.
New Goal: Reach $80,000 in Revenue by 31 December 2022
- 2022 calendar year revenue is now sitting at $31,356.
- Really awesome to see I’ve crossed the $30,000 barrier!
- Revenue per month is becoming quite stable and consistent. In August it was $5,665. To reach this goal the revenue would need to be around $8500 – which I think is reachable with an increase of more clients.
- Will need to do some more targetted advertising to bring in more clients, specially for some of my newer personal trainers.
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- Finished my Fundamentals of Kettlebells course
- Finished my Pelvic Floor program.
- Unsure what I’ll be doing for the third course. As mentioned before a business course could be useful specific to PTs.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients – ACHIEVED
- At the start of September, my total testimonials is now 10! I’ve reached my initial goal of 10, but really want to push to get 20 by the end of the year.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- So far I’ve only completed 1 30-day challenge (Kettlebell workouts).
- I’m currently working through a 30-day challenge with meditation/mindfullness using the Waking Up app, as well as another 30 day challenge which is juggling related.
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- No 30-day challenge videos or blog posts posted in August.
- I’m currently in the middle of a few 30-day challenges so I’ll need to get back on the plan of updating each challenge as I do them.
- I’ve still got multiple outstanding challenges that need to be written up.
- As for the YouTube videos, I’m not sure I’ll get around to doing the older challenges .
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA – ACHIEVED
- Completed in May 2022!
- Disc Golf Metrix rating is 859.
- PDGA rating is 866.
- See below for a graph of my rating over time.
Run a Sub 1:45 Half-Marathon – WON’T ACHIEVE
- After a hard run in July, and now seeing a physio recently, I’ve been diagnosed with medial tibial stress syndrome. I am unable to run because of this so I won’t be able to complete this goal as planned.
- I’ll focus on recovery and I’m keen to get back into running.
- Given my focus on building muscle overall, my next goals with running will be more distance related rather than achieving a good time.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet)
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet)
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – COMPLETE! In April, my partner and I completed the Spartan NSW Trifecta event – we did a 5km, 20 obstacle course and it was really good!
- Attend a CrossFit class – COMPLETE! I’ve been doing CrossFit for a number of weeks now and I love it!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID).
Focus Areas for September:
- Spending less money.
- Finding more clients for Nathan’s Mobile PT.
- Working on older 30-day challenge posts.