Progress was a little slower in June. But now that it’s the end of the financial year, it’s great to see that I achieved my PT business goals and my target revenue! It’s been really fun to work on this and watch it grow, and super excited to keep growing it and see where I can get by the end of the year. Personal financial goals a bit lacking, but not in a bad position going forwards. Definitely some key areas I need to work on and keen to see how they will progress. Read on below for my July progress update.
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- At 1 July 2022, my net worth was $126,915 now for the future including property.
- Unfortunately this was a drop from the last month as the markets are very volatile at the moment. My overall net worth has been pretty stagnant and even decrasesing from the highs around December 2021. Due to a change in finances also due to buying a home and all the extra fees it will take a while to build it back up, but hopefully see an overall increase by the end of the year.
- Also with interest rate rises, I won’t be able to put as much as planned into my share portfolio.
- You can see a breakdown of my net worth below:
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000
- At 1 July 2022, my investment portfolio was $16,530.
- My goal of $100,000 is a bit unrealistic now given the circumstances. But I’ll be doing my best to re-grow it after the large house purchase. It’s almost like I’m starting at 0 again. However, I’ve now condensed my portfolio to a few holdings that I really care about and are happy to keep investing in. It’s made it much simpler.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – ACHIEVED
- Completed in March 2022 (as shown in above net worth table).
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- Currently I’ve got 7 PTs employed (4 in Canberra, 1 in Melbourne, 1 in SA, 1 in Tasmamia).
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 – ACHIEVED
- Achieved in May 2022!
- In June, revenue was $4,830!
- 2021-22 financial year revenue was $26,576.
- Super happy with how this progressed just over the past 6 months. Bringing on more trainers has really made a difference, and coming with it more capacity for clients.
New Goal: Reach $80,000 in Revenue by 31 December 2022
- 2022 calendar year revenue is $21,151.
- Doing some quick maths, to make this goal, I’ll need to have a revenue of $9,808 on average per month. Seems like a lot but 100% doable with how it’s been going in the past and the growth trajectory.
- On average now I’m making around $3-4k depending on the month.
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- Finished my Fundamentals of Kettlebells course
- Finished my Pelvic Floor program.
- Currently I’m thinking if there is a business course or selling course I can find I may look into that and pay for it prior to financial year.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients
- At the start of July, my total testimonials is now 6!
- I’ll need to work on requesting more testimonials from clients after they have had a decent amount of sessions.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- So far I’ve only completed 1 30-day challenge (Kettlebell workouts)
- My partner is off to Africa in mid-July, and I’ve got plans in place for my extra free time. So stay tuned and watch this space for some interesting ones coming up!
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- No 30-day challenge videos or blog posts posted in June.
- This has not gone very well this year. Due to my PT business, this has been taking a lot of my time and I’ve been enjoying my down time after all tasks are completed for it. As mentioned above, I’ll be home alone for almost 3 months and I’ve got plans to really work on my 30-day challenge blog posts.
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA – ACHIEVED
- Completed in May 2022!
- Disc Golf Metrix rating is 850.
- PDGA rating is 860.
- See below for a graph of my rating over time.
- Race day is September 18th!
- I’ve been slowly increasing distances of running. Starting to do long runs at around 12km at a slower pace, and my pace runs are at the 7-8km distances. Still feeling pretty hard but also getting easier over the weeks and months.
- Will need a lot more training leading up to the event to reach my goal.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet)
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet)
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – COMPLETE! In April, my partner and I completed the Spartan NSW Trifecta event – we did a 5km, 20 obstacle course and it was really good!
- Attend a CrossFit class – COMPLETE! I’ve been doing CrossFit for a number of weeks now and I love it!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID).
While things are moving along slowly, there are some areas that need a lot of attention.
Focus Areas for July:
- Investing more into my ASX portfolio!
- Gaining more clients and trainers for Nathan’s Mobile PT.
- Completing older blog posts for Nathan Challenges Life
- Spending less money on random stuff.