Made some really good progress towards the more financial/wealth sides of things in April! Check out my post on my FIRE progress here.
I’ve also made a lot of progress towards my Nathan Challenges Life YouTube channel – I’m now at 11 videos! It’s been really fun delving into the realm of YouTube.
I made progress across a number of my other goals, some more so than others. For descriptive information for each of my goals, check out my Goals for 2020 post.
- Reach a net worth of $100,000
- Currently at $44,166.98, an incease of 29.3% throughout April! My investments have really grown from April to May – I’ve been investing through this pandemic, and it’s really starting to pay off.
- Grow my Australian investment portfolio to $70,000
- Currently at $46,442.80, which has increased throughout March by over $5,000. My portfolio has regained a lot of lost capital from the large decreases throughout March. Investing during the decreased market has really helped to boost my value.
- I use Self Wealth for my main Australian portfolio, due to its very low brokerage fee. If you sign up using my link, you and I will receive 5 free trades 🙂 – more than happy to discuss investing and get you started if you are interested in long term wealth creation! https://secure.selfwealth.com.au/Registration/Plan/5/zRml4
- Save/invest at least 50% of my income
- In April, I saved 66% of my take-home income. Super happy about that. This was higher than normal due to the magical timing of April where I got paid 3 times in the month apart from the normal 2. This added a good amount on the last day. This was also boosted due to staying at home because of the pandemic – I see no drawbacks here! See below for a run down of my spending in April:
There were a lot of things I didn’t spend money on. The biggest items bought during April were a new phone as my old one was getting really slow, and I used some of my car recall money to buy an e-bike conversion kit for my current bicycle! Really keen to try it out.
- Lower body fat to 15%
- Still haven’t been able to test this due to it being closed. I would say I’m roughly the same I was in April, perhaps slightly more due to reduced strength training.
- Increase lean muscle mass
- Similar to above – probably the same lean muscle mass but can’t measure yet.
- Increase strength across major lifts
- Reassessing at the start of July. Strength is being maintained, and hopefully get back to the gym with strength to build back.
- Expand PedalPay (www.pedalpay.com.au)
- I haven’t been working on this as much as other things. I have been promoting across social media more throughout April, which I will continue to do throughout May as currently face-to-face service businesses aren’t particularly getting the customers they once had. I’ll need to focus more on digital advertising and brand awareness during this time. Check out PedalPay on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Expand Nathan Challenges Life (www.nathanchallengeslife.com)
- In April, I posted 6 videos on my YouTube channel! Really happy about that. I purchased a Cajon and I’m working through learning to Juggle 5 balls – so I’ve got a number of videos still to make! Check them out and let me know what you think! Check me out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more recently, TikTok.
- 42 subscribers woo!
- Reduce single-use plastics and non-recycled products
- This again hasn’t really been a focus, however, we have been ordering in groceries from Red Baron in Canberra – which is essentially waste free. Also just shopping less due to the pandemic has helped.
- Reduce consumption of added sugar in foods and drinks
- Haven’t really focused on this. But I have been going to the shops less than usual, which has helped to decrease the amount of junk food I eat. I still get the occasional bag of chips or chocolate, but other than that, I’ve limited the amount of energy drinks.
- Read 25 books
- I’ve been stuck on Sell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone throughout all of April. I haven’t been getting out of the house much alone to listen to my books on a walk or cycle. So the amount of book reading has definitely decreased.
- I still have a number of hard back paper books to get through, but my focus has moved away from reading recently – currently at around 9/25 books – which is good for this time of the year. I have lots of booked ready to listen to on Audible, so I’m planning to make some time to listen to them.
All in all, a really good month for progress.