There were a few large changes around my finances in February (transfer of funds from investment portfolio to house deposit). Everything else is progressing quite well, but there are a few areas that I can put a bit more focus towards. Given the move of money, I can say that my house deposit goal is achieved for the year 😛 Not quite what I was expecting, but after a lot of thought it’s the right move.
In early 2022 I developed a set of goals that I’m aiming to achieve this year – you can see this post here. Like last year, this is separated into categories like Finances/Wealth and more.
Reach a Net Worth of $250,000
- At 1 March 2022, my net worth was $143,747. This was an increase of 7.9% (roughly $10,000) from last month.
- The market has been very volatile lately and on a downwards trend. This hasn’t influenced the final value too much though which was good to see.
- You can see from my table below that there has been a very big change in holdings – namely the drop in my investment portfolio to cash – this is because I’m planning on buying a house very soon if something comes up.
- Great to see an increase over February, but I don’t expect it to change much next month, unless the house hunting proceeds.
Grow Investment Portfolio to $100,000 (excluding house deposit)
- At 1 March, my investment portfolio (excluding house deposit) was $18,091…. (it was $100,000 in February.. haha)
- This is a massive change due to most of it going towards my house deposit. It wasn’t entirely the plan to use a lot of this (apart from my specific house deposit that was in there), but after a lot of thought, we would rather be paying off our mortgage than paying someone’s rent (they are almost the same amount).
- Overall the market has been on a downward trend, but I’m still overall positive on my returns, some by a lot.
- Most of the growth of my portfolio over the past years was due to having a higher paying job – the 3 or so years before that it only grew by about 20,000. While this is a huge drop, I’m confident that I can build it back up, especially with some extra income from my Personal Training business (below)
- I use SelfWealth for investing due to low brokerage costs. If you are interested in getting started with investing, I’m more than happy to discuss.
Grow House Deposit to $60,000 – Achieved
- At 1 March, my house deposit was at $85,165. Well past my goal, but due to contributing some of my investment portfolio towards it.
- It was on track from the previous, but as mentioned above, I’m looking for a house to live in.
- I won’t be contributing that much more towards this house deposit, so any additional income will go back into investing.
NATHAN’S MOBILE PT
Employ 5 Personal Trainers
- At the start of March, I managed to find and bring on board another PT, making that a total of 2.
- I’ve been advertising on a variety of platforms and job posting websites and it appears to be working. Advertising for job opportunities is quite an expensive procedure – SEEK alone was roughly $250 for a 30 day ad.
- It’s been great fun having employees, a few minor issues have popped up over the months, but nothing too hard to handle.
- I’m on the lookout for more personal trainers but not having much luck at the moment.
- The extra day off now that I’m working part-time has really helped me work on social media posts and advertisements, along with all the other admin work involved.
Reach $20,000 in Revenue by 30 June 2022 and $40,000 by the End of 2022
- In February, revenue was $2,006.
- 2021-22 financial year revenue is now $8,968.
- 2022 calendar year revenue is $3,586.
- After doing some calculations yesterday, to reach my goal of $20,000 by 30 June 2022, I’ll need to make a minimum of $2,770 per month. This has been a little easier with the extra personal trainers and therefore more clients. If I can keep this amount of work up it should be possible, and hopefully I can find another PT and more clients before that.
Complete a Minimum of 3 Training Courses to Gain New Skills and Improve Knoweldge
- I am 95% through the Fundamentals of Kettlebell Level 1 and Level 2. Just need to finish it off by recording a video.
- This was a very easy course given my knoweldge of kettlebells already.
- On the lookout for a boxing related course and perhaps something also specialised.
Obtain 10 Testimonials from Clients
- At the start of March, my total testimonials is at 4.
- I have this goal in mind as I know how important reviews can be and how much that can influence whether someone chooses you from all the other business / services around the place.
NATHAN CHALLENGES LIFE
Website and other social links
Do a Minimum of 5 30-Day Challenges
- I’m currently about 25 or so days through a Kettlebell 30 day challenge.
- I’ve got a number of other 30-day challenges in mind that I’d like to start soon.
Publish all Previous and 2022 30-Day Challenges on my Website and YouTube Channel.
- No 30-day challenge videos or blog posts posted in February.
- I have a huge backlog of videos and posts I want to make.
- I’ve been thinking a bit about outsourcing the video creation to someone else – however, once I did that if I didn’t continue it, the video quality / style would change. This is something I want to do and I find fun.
Maintain a Minimum of 60% Average Viewer Retention for Each Video Published in 2022
- No 30-day challenge videos posted for 2022.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT / OTHER
Reach a Rating of 850 on Disc Golf Metrix and PDGA
- At 1 March, my Metrix rating was 831, which was an increase of +6 points from February. We had 1 event in February which contributed to the rating.
- No changes to PDGA rating (837) as no PDGA rated events were held. In February there was a PDGA event but the scores haven’t been tallied or counted yet.
- I’ve got a few on the cards in March, so hopefully if I can play well my rating will increase.
- I’ve also been out to the field a few times to practice shots – it’s very helpful.
Below are the experiences I would like to have during 2022. I’ll probably add to this list if I can think of anything interesting and new that I would like to do:
- Go on a multi-day hike (nothing scheduled yet)
- Go cycle touring (nothing scheduled yet)
- Complete an obstacle course event (e.g., Spartan) – I have found an event and plan to go to it in April!
- Attend a CrossFit class – I’ve signed up for a free trial and keen to go soon!
- Attend a Jiu Jitsu class (nothing scheduled yet – a bit hesitant due to COVID)
That’s my update for March 2022. Great to see some goals worked towards and others actually achieved already haha. Not quite sure what will happen with the next update, but there could be some major changes ahead.
How was February for you? Did you make much progress? Let me know!